Winner of the 2017 Graham Gregory
Stuart McGrath-Kerr has been awarded the 2017 Graham Gregory Award for outstanding contributions to the NSW wine industry.
This award is named after former NSW Agriculture Deputy Director General Graham Gregory, who was instrumental in the development of the NSW wine industry, and recognises areas such as leadership, research and development, winemaking, education and market development.
Stuart has shown many of these attributes since becoming the Executive Officer of the Wine Grapes Marketing Board in 1987.
We congratulate Stuart on this very well-deserved achievement.
Please note that the award is retrospective recognising service for the previous year.
Purpose of the award
Recognition by peers of an individual for honourable contributions benefiting the NSW wine industry generally. These contributions will be in one or more of the following fields and/or in any other field which advances the NSW wine industry:
- Technology and innovation
- Research and development
- Industry regulation
- Winemaking and viticulture
- Enhancing regional and/or state profile
- Education and training
- Market development
- Environmental footprint.
Eligibility for the 2018 award
In 2019, nominations will soon be accepted for 2018 nominees meeting each of the following requirements:
- Recognised contributions in terms of the purpose of the award (see criteria above)
- Nominees must be a resident of NSW
- Each nomination must demonstrate specific contributions that have progressed the NSW wine industry
- Nominees must be known for their contributions to the NSW wine industry by industry peers.
Nominations must address the above criteria and include details of achievements, previous awards and/or industry recognition, and industry participation.
Making a nomination
Please forward completed nomination form to:
Post: Kylie MacLean, NSW Department of Primary Industries,
Locked Bag 5123, Parramatta NSW 2124
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (as a scanned attachment)